Course ID: RVCT-582 | 21 minutes | Fundamental
A clutch is a device that connects and disconnects a driving (input) shaft and a driven (output) shaft. Clutches are important for applications where the motor needs to be started before it is connected to the load or disconnected before it is stopped. There are many different types of clutches, each with advantages and disadvantages. The proper choice depends on the speed, torque, loading characteristics, and operating temperature of the application.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe the purpose of a clutch
- Identify different clutch types
- Describe the components and how each type works
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each type
- Describe typical applications for each type
Intended Audience: Staff or Manager
Purpose: Instructional, Informational, Continuing Education, Onboarding/New Employee Training, and/or Skill Advancement
Good to Know: This course has been updated with crisp new 3D animations.
Don't see this course in your catalog? Contact your Account Manager for assistance.