Ocassionally, you may encounter difficulties within a course. These issues include: the course not loading or progressing, video not loading, no sound, or your course progress not being tracked.
These difficulties are often caused by issues within the current browser that is being used to access your course. RedVector makes every effort to ensure that our courses will play on any modern internet browser, but often new updates to the browser may cause a temporary conflict.
Below we have provided a few options to consider and steps to complete that will help resolve most browser issues with your course:
1. Using a different browser
Consider completing your course using a different browser. If you are not already using it, try accessing our courses with Google Chrome. You can also try completing the course from a different device.
2. Clearing your cache and cookies
Before you access your course, you may need to clear out your cache and cookies to prevent any old data from interfering with you progress. Click here for instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies for your browser.
3. Enabling Flash Player
None of the RedVector courses use Flash to allow video playback, however some custom courses still may. Currently Adobe does not support Flash on smartphones, tablets running stock web browsers, Firefox Browser and Safari.
Here are some steps to follow in order to resolve this issue (Please note that Flash support will end in December of 2020):
- Enable your Flash player to: 'Always Allow on This Site'.
- Turn off your Pop Up blocker.
- For some of our courses, you will need Flash to play the video/audio. You can download the latest version of Flash by going to: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Once there, uncheck the "optional offers" and then click "Install Now" or "Download Now".
4. Environmental Factors
RV courses function best with a consistent connection to the internet. Here are some things to consider if you are accessing your courses from a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone.
- Location in relation to the wifi signal: If you are not getting a strong signal from your wireless connection you may have issues with video/audio playback.
- It may be diffifcult to get a strong signal in some buildings or in certain areas of a building. Consider relocating and attempting the course again.