Delivery Truck Maintenance
Course ID: RVCT-1005 | 20 minutes | Fundamental
Many businesses depend heavily on their fleet of vehicles. In some businesses, such as package delivery or taxis, the fleet is the business. In others, such as trades like electricians and plumbers, the vehicle is secondary to the actual job, but still critically important. In order for businesses which rely on vehicles to thrive, the vehicles that make up the fleet must be able to operate safely and properly as close to 100% of the time as possible. This can be achieved by implementing a preventive maintenance system.
Learning objectives include:
- Describe the difference between "reactive maintenance" and "preventative maintenance"
- List the benefits of preventative truck maintenance
- Describe how preventative maintenance can save money
- List the major elements of preventative maintenance systems
- List the responsibilities of a driver in a preventative maintenance system
- List some safety-related inspection items for a delivery truck
- List some scheduled mechanical maintenance items for a delivery truck
Intended Audience: Staff or Manager
Purpose: Instructional, Onboarding/New Employee Training, and/or Skill Advancement
Don't see this course in your library? Contact your Account Manager for assistance.